I read the post "10 Habits of Happy Couples" over at SFGlobe. Wally Kessler and I practice these every day. My favorite habit is #7
1. Go to bed together-if one wants to go to bed, the other runs to see who can hit the bed the fastest. I like to make a game of it!
2. Cultivate common interests-we sing karaoke together, we watch certain shows together like, Food Network, and American Ninja, golf, etc.
3. Walk hand in hand-Wally and I hold hands in the car. I especially love it when he takes my hand when we are crossing the road. This one in particular makes me feel really safe and cared for. (I can't explain it, but it does)
4. Make trust and forgiveness your default mode-we are all humans,so we all have flaws. We both choose to forgive and believe in each other's best intentions. #4 makes loving each other so much easier.
5. Focus more on what your partner does right, than what they do wrong-focusing on the positive side and looking for the good in each other makes room for more love to grow. We choose to see the good and focus on those things.
6. Hug each other as soon as you see each other after work-so important. It makes each of us feel we are home in a safe place. I love this like #4!
7. Say "I love you" and "have a great day"- Words that affirm are like an extra kiss in the morning. We always remember to wish each other a day of more love and peace.
8. Say "Good Night" every night-we say goodnight as a seal as we sleep. Our love covers each other and protects are hearts. A simple goodnight and I love you is magical.
9. Do a "weather check"-during the day one of us will text or call to check in. Asking how and what we are doing. It makes us feel wanted and thought of. I can't image a day when my darling man would not call and say "what ya doing?"
10. Be proud to be seen with your spouse-I love that Wally is my man. He is so strong and wise and kind. I am proud to walk with him by my side. He thinks I am so pretty and tells me how much he loves me with him.
What is your favorite habit in your marriage?
Debbie Kessler loves her husband, Wally Kessler. She is a southern girl who loves Jesus and loves building up people to do Good Works of Love.